The Dark Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dark Brotherhood

You have come face to face with your destiny... It shows you two different paths... Only you can help restore order throughout the galaxy... Which path will you embrace? Choose your Destiny and join the Dark Brotherhood and create your role in the galaxy.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

D-20 Chat Room

Go down 
+2
Drake Marsee
Draco Korr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Draco Korr
High Council Members
High Council Members
Draco Korr

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Character Stat Sheet
Class: Sith Master
Species: Zabrak
Level: 42

D-20 Chat Room Empty
PostSubject: D-20 Chat Room   D-20 Chat Room Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 9:33 am

Ok boys and girls, as soon as we have a couple of players, we will begin our first game. It will be played in several different sessions and each session will be played on Saturdays. Let me know if your interested.

Last edited by Draco Korr on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Drake Marsee
Player in Tranning
Player in Tranning
Drake Marsee

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Character Stat Sheet
Class: Sith Apprentice
Level: 2

D-20 Chat Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-20 Chat Room   D-20 Chat Room Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 7:24 am

Oh yeah Draco..... The ol' ChazzDv is here, but as Drake Marsee and since everything has calmed down and I am more free time than ever..... I WANNA PLAY!!!
Back to top Go down
http://swoe.forumotions.net
Draco Korr
High Council Members
High Council Members
Draco Korr

Character Stat Sheet

D-20 Chat Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-20 Chat Room   D-20 Chat Room Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 11:57 am

Then we will begin this Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Drake Marsee
Player in Tranning
Player in Tranning
Drake Marsee

Character Stat Sheet

D-20 Chat Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-20 Chat Room   D-20 Chat Room Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 7:36 pm

Okay dude, fine with me but one question? Can you like help explain to me how it will be played? Since I haven't played D-20 before and I don't want to not know how to play when we start and me ended up making it so we are very slow because I don't know how to play.
Back to top Go down
Draco Korr
High Council Members
High Council Members
Draco Korr

Character Stat Sheet

D-20 Chat Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-20 Chat Room   D-20 Chat Room Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 1:10 am

It's very simple. The game master tells a story in which all players are the characters involved in the story. Just like in real life, you cannot control the situations around you, you can only control how you react or the actions you take in the situation. Keeping this in mind will greatly help gametime due to the fact that we don't need to stop to tell you that "you can't do that" and have to explain why. So, I will give an example of gameplay:

Gamemaster: "Your sitting in a Cantina on Dantooine. A Sullustan approaches you and attack out of a drunken rage. He pulls a vibroblade and swings down at your head."

Player: "I try to move to the side in order to doge the attack"

Gamemaster: "You will need to roll a Reflex Defense check to see if you can dodge successfully. DC 15 -5 for a drunken hit. The Sullustan is drunk and can't aim as normal. so, DC 10. What is your Reflex Defense score?"

Player: "My Reflex Defense is +1."

Gamemaster: "Ok. You roll 1D20 and add 1 to the result."

Player rolls and the result is 9. The player adds the 1 for his Reflex Defense score for a total of 10.

Gamemaster: "Your roll was either equal to or greater than the DC so you dodged successfully. Now your move."

Player: "I will draw my blaster and fire at his chest."

This is a short example of gameplay. In a real game, it will be much more detailed though. There is a die roll needed to do just about everything you do, even outside of battle. The reason for this is so that no one can be flawless. Someone would like to jump that wall, but they may indeed trip over it in the process, or fall on the first attempt. In play by post, evryone would post that they make it over without any difficulties. The die rolls keeps it more like real life.

Now, to roll the dice, there is a roll dice box just below this window. Click the little drop menu there and choose which die to roll. The n in the box next to that, input the number of those dice you need to roll. After you have typed all you want to say and input the dice info., Hit send and it will automatically post the numbers you rolled. If you want to try it, try it in this thread. I will roll 4D20.
Back to top Go down
Admin

Admin

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-03-07

D-20 Chat Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-20 Chat Room   D-20 Chat Room Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 1:10 am

The member 'Draco Korr' has done the following action : Roll Dice

'D20' :
D-20 Chat Room D20
Result : 5, 6, 3, 3
Back to top Go down
https://sw-darkbrotherhood.rpg-board.net
Drake Marsee
Player in Tranning
Player in Tranning
Drake Marsee

Character Stat Sheet

D-20 Chat Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-20 Chat Room   D-20 Chat Room Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 6:29 am

Otay mane, I know what to do and how to play now. So, what is this story The Echoes Of Darkness going to be about?
Back to top Go down
Draco Korr
High Council Members
High Council Members
Draco Korr

Character Stat Sheet

D-20 Chat Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-20 Chat Room   D-20 Chat Room Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 1:10 am

Well, I am not going to spoil anything but the mission breifing and objectives have already been posted in the RPG discussion forum.
Back to top Go down
Lord Kylix
High Council Members
High Council Members
Lord Kylix

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Character Stat Sheet
Class: Weapon Master/Sith Lord
Species: Human(?)
Level: 50(?)

D-20 Chat Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-20 Chat Room   D-20 Chat Room Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:07 am

Finally! Healthy discussion has returned to the site!

santa
Back to top Go down
http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/Holocron_of_Kylix/
Drake Marsee
Player in Tranning
Player in Tranning
Drake Marsee

Character Stat Sheet

D-20 Chat Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-20 Chat Room   D-20 Chat Room Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 3:07 pm

lol, otay Draco I get the hint. I will check and read them out and yeah I KNOW! Finally something to post to, lol
Back to top Go down
Draco Korr
High Council Members
High Council Members
Draco Korr

Character Stat Sheet

D-20 Chat Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-20 Chat Room   D-20 Chat Room Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:57 pm

Lord Kylix, you should check out the brand new general site we just started a couple of days ago:

http://swoe.forumotion.com

I think you'll like it
Back to top Go down
Drake Marsee
Player in Tranning
Player in Tranning
Drake Marsee

Character Stat Sheet

D-20 Chat Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-20 Chat Room   D-20 Chat Room Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 3:32 am

Yes, i think you will. Since things on this site are going to go slow for awhile considering this is a D-20 style RPG and there isn't enough players yet to play. The new general site has everything from Post To Play, to character fan art and scupltures, to places where you can post some SW Stories you've been writng! So I think you'll like it too
Back to top Go down
Draco Korr
High Council Members
High Council Members
Draco Korr

Character Stat Sheet

D-20 Chat Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-20 Chat Room   D-20 Chat Room Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 11:29 am

Hey guys, I must appoligize to yall. My boys had an Ice Hockey game today and they shut the other team out. The score was 5-0, this was their first career shutout and I took them to celebrate. I completely lost track of time guys...that was my mistake. I will be by a computer tommorow for at least half of the day if anyone is still interested in playing. Let me know by PM tonight if possible and I will make it up to you guys.
Back to top Go down
Drake Marsee
Player in Tranning
Player in Tranning
Drake Marsee

Character Stat Sheet

D-20 Chat Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-20 Chat Room   D-20 Chat Room Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:42 am

Awwwwww Draco, they did really good and that is your family dude, no need to explain. Where did ya take them to celebrate? There team sounds awesome dude!
Back to top Go down
Draco Korr
High Council Members
High Council Members
Draco Korr

Character Stat Sheet

D-20 Chat Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-20 Chat Room   D-20 Chat Room Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:05 am

I took them to Hooters for hot wings and then to the mall to get their names added to their jerseys. While we waited, I took them to see Madigasscar 2. Oh and I went and had my three year old sized for his hockey pads and bought them for his Christmas gift.
Back to top Go down
Drake Marsee
Player in Tranning
Player in Tranning
Drake Marsee

Character Stat Sheet

D-20 Chat Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-20 Chat Room   D-20 Chat Room Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:17 am

awesome dude... I LOVE HOOTERS!!!! haha, but not for the hotwings, lol and hey dude I am glad to see that the Echoes opened up. And am I doing good so far?
Back to top Go down
Draco Korr
High Council Members
High Council Members
Draco Korr

Character Stat Sheet

D-20 Chat Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-20 Chat Room   D-20 Chat Room Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 6:51 am

Yes your doing good. It's a different style of game than play by post. But just use your judgement. If your walking on a metal platform, you know 100% that you would hear your footsteps. It's okay to post that you hear them. But if you go into a cantina, you don't know that there will be music inside. So don't post this.
Back to top Go down
Drake Marsee
Player in Tranning
Player in Tranning
Drake Marsee

Character Stat Sheet

D-20 Chat Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-20 Chat Room   D-20 Chat Room Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 8:25 am

Otay dude, yeah makes sense to me because not every cantina has music or has a higher level or something, thanks for the advise bro. I think I am starting to get the hang of it dude, and I really like this style and when does my level and EX Points go up?
Back to top Go down
Draco Korr
High Council Members
High Council Members
Draco Korr

Character Stat Sheet

D-20 Chat Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-20 Chat Room   D-20 Chat Room Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:05 am

You'll get EXP. Points for winning fights and completeing certain hard tasks. After gaining enough exp. You'll level up.
Back to top Go down
Drake Marsee
Player in Tranning
Player in Tranning
Drake Marsee

Character Stat Sheet

D-20 Chat Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-20 Chat Room   D-20 Chat Room Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 11:10 am

Otay dude, and hey you should like go to SWOE and post on the Post-To-Play stroy there if you ever have time, just asking ya.
Back to top Go down
Ganner Rhysode
Player in Tranning
Player in Tranning
Ganner Rhysode

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Character Stat Sheet
Class: Dark Apprentice
Species: Human
Level: 1

D-20 Chat Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-20 Chat Room   D-20 Chat Room Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 4:01 am

Hello group. My name is Ganner and I'm looking forward to playing. I contacted Master Korr and he has graciously created my character and posted my stats. I can't wait to play in part 2 Echos of Darkness. I've been reading it and it seems to be fun. If any members want to talk to me, feel free to PM me. I think I will go to the Die Rolling Practice area now and practice so that I can be ready. Later...
Back to top Go down
kingstone

kingstone

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-01-13

D-20 Chat Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-20 Chat Room   D-20 Chat Room Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:02 am

Back to top Go down
kingstone

kingstone

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-01-13

D-20 Chat Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-20 Chat Room   D-20 Chat Room Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

D-20 Chat Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: D-20 Chat Room   D-20 Chat Room Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

D-20 Chat Room
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Brotherhood :: RPG forums :: RPG General Discussion-
Jump to: